Monday, February 13, 2012

I wonder if I glow in the dark

The Newman thing has not worked. That's all I have to say about that right now.

I had the first part of the nuclear medicine study this morning. I have to go back this afternoon to have another ten minute scan done. I survived getting the injection, which if you don't know, I don't handle well. It's embarrassing as heck but I get flushed and woozy when I have to get blood drawn or an IV put in. Thank God this was one injection and done. Then I laid with my shoulders on a pillow and my head tilted back. You have to lay perfectly still but it's only ten minutes. They want me to drink plenty of fluids before I go back to flush out the radiation liquid. They also told me that I should not hold TC on my lap today at all. That will be tough, since he's a lap-kid for sure. Some side-hugs will have to do.

Mary asked me to help her do a workshop at the women's in-house retreat. It'll be on thriftiness and organization, both of which are things that make me all warm and fuzzy inside. And speaking of Mary, our families are going together to see Tim Hawkins next month - so excited about this!


1 comment:

Theresa said...

How did the test go? I get dizzy with blood drawn too.