Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Computer Ajuda

I still have no internet on the laptop. It's making me a bit insane. In particular would be the part where it did it out of nowhere and I have no clue how to fix it. And did I mention that the family computer is sticky. It is. And as of this afternoon, cue the annoying automated answering system provided by my ISP and you have the trifecta that will, in fact, have me swinging from the chandelier and throwing paste in short order. Verizon was no help whatsoever. A lovely computer voice informed me that if she had not solved my problem, that I was welcome to stay on the line until a rep became available. A click or two later and I was less then welcomed by a beefy voice informing me that the number was out of service, whereupon it hung up on me. At this point, I would be willing to throw myself on the sword of whatever barely-speaking-English tech support person out there who could help me.

If there is a lesson God is wanting me to learn from this, I'm clearly not getting it, or at least not in the mood for it. And no, I don't think that ajuda is spelled that way. But the spell check offers me nothing that fits, nothing! So I care not! I may try calling Verizon again tomorrow and begging for a tech support person to talk with. If I'm not back soon though, send the cavalry.

No comments: