Monday, January 16, 2012

Yes, that's the book for meeee.....

I'm sitting there yesterday morning, so pleased with myself that I have been keeping up with reading my bible every day. And I turn to the day's reading, on a sunny Sunday morning while I sip my hot coffee and feel virtuous. And the reading is Genesis 34. You know, where Shechem rapes Dinah and her brothers get revenge by tricking Shechem into having himself and all of his men circumcised so the brothers can then attack and kill them all while they are weak in order to win back their sister's honor.

So glad I'm starting my day with the precious Word. I can't wait until I get to all of the blood & goats of Leviticus. :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stand alone on the Word of God, the B-I-B-L-E!! Too funny. Jeff listens to the Bible in his car, and its always passages like that that come on when the kids are in the car. Yesterday it was something about 'if two men are fighting and one's wife runs in and grabs the other man's testicles...then her hand should be cut off.' I looked back and James had a hilarious look on his face! :)

Trish D said...

Niiiice. I do love that the Bible is so real (God can definitely use us, flaws and all) but I do sometimes wonder why on earth certain details were included. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

Theresa said...

I was shocked when I studied this. I did "Patriarchs" with Beth Moore.

But I am glad that you are keeping up with your quiet time!