Friday, January 13, 2012

Random

January seems to be slipping through my fingers somehow. I didn't even realize I hadn't blogged since the beginning of the month until Theresa asked me about it.  I'm greatly distracted this past week as our teachers are out on strike. I'm praying there will be a resolution and a contract soon, but for now the kids are home for two weeks. We've done some fun things, like going to the Academy of Natural Sciences with my in-laws. The kids loved that, and E was soaking up all the scientific information like a sponge. One of the museum volunteers said that he should get E his own apron, since he was repeating back all he knew to another child, acting like her own personal tour guide.

I had bloodwork done and it looks like my thyroid is out of whack. This could explain a whole lot of annoying symptoms! I still have to get an ultrasound done, though, so we'll see what the doctor says after that.

I slacked off with my food choices over the holidays, no shock there. I am SO thankful though, because I didn't regain any of the pounds I have lost. Lots of holiday food and lots of chaos in our house made me sure my weight would go back up. Kate said that my body is probably more efficient now and that's maybe why I didn't regain even though I ate poorly. Whatever the reason, I'll take it. And I'm going back to the gym today, and can honestly say that I can't wait!

Tom went back to work this past Monday and is doing well. He has to have one more follow-up with our family doctor, but the surgeon cleared him for work. He flipped from day shift to night shift and then back to day shift this week because of bad weather. I hate that; night shift is unhealthy enough for you without going back and forth like that. Which reminds me, I need to call and schedule his sleep study...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you can hopefully have answers to your symptoms. I hope the thyroid helps!

Theresa said...

I am glad Tom is feeling better. You have had a few months of absolute chaos. Hang in there friend! I love you!