Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gifts

I haven't given much thought to blogging lately, being busy with life and motherhood and figuring out how they hide their socks in the couch without me catching them. I've also been writing again, which brings joy I can't describe. God has been nudging me about it for a while. And by a while I mean my entire life. But He also used my sister-in-law to give me more of a shove as well, which I appreciate. She gave me an amazing gift: a journal made from a repurposed vintage book.

It arrived in the mail a few hours after we received the news of Debby's passing. As I was flooded with grief and the harsh reminder of the brevity of life, this package arrived. Such a sweet gift, and I knew God was whispering to me the things I didn't want to hear yet. That we must always move forward, and that we never know when our appointed time will be. I can't waste the time that I have.

Tomorrow is Resurrection Sunday. I am awed to celebrate His gift to us.

2 comments:

Janet said...

such a great gift...I remember reading books by Grace Livingston Hill many years ago. Can't wait to hear how God uses your writing talent for his glory Shay!!

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

very sweet.
Happy Easter friend <3