Saturday, July 17, 2010

This & That

We had Kidz Kamp (also known as vacation bible school) this week at church. We averaged 250 kids a day, and 90 staff members. What a wild ride! I was on the snack team this year and it was honestly too easy and fun to be considered work. The curriculum was Backstage with the Bible by the Go Fish guys. The songs were catchy and fun and thankfully not annoying like most children's music.

I lost 3 pounds this week. With an intestinal bug. Good times.

My wallet has been relocated by the Tyrant. PRAYING that I find it soon.

I'm rediscovering why I should not be allowed to live schedule-free. I have been sleeping in too much and being way too lazy. I haven't felt good in months and I've been using that as an excuse to be even lazier. My digestive problems aren't going to solve themselves, so I need to go back to the gastroenterologist and have the dreaded colonoscopy done. I just don't wanna.

The Man and I are refinancing our mortgage. Interest rates are so sweet right now! We're taking 7 years off the mortgage, that's how good it is!

It's hot! Is summer almost done yet??

EDIT: I heard yesterday at church that we had a total of 323 kids over the course of the week - awesome! And 120 total staff. We raised $2700 for the Hamptons, which was matched and increased to $5500! Praise God! (The Hamptons are missionaries who need funds to build themselves a cinderblock house. The money we raised gets them a THIRD of the way to building it. Can you imagine your house costing 15 grand to make??) And most importantly.... 25 children accepted Jesus as their Savior. *goosebumps*
blog button

No comments: