Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A fear of commitment perhaps?

I knew it would happen. I'm already so over the title of the blog. Feh. (No, it's not a word. Say it out loud for yourself, and draw out the H and you will get the feeling I'm trying to convey here.) I will leave it alone for now, but I can't promise anything. I get tired of things very quickly; not sure why? I like change I suppose.
Life is good but not very bloggy lately. And by bloggy I just mean that my kids haven't really done anything amusing or illegal for me to write about. My daughter did humble me recently however. The other day she was telling me that she wanted something from the fridge but couldn't find it. I said 'Oh it's in bottom drawer,' and I opened it up, bent down and picked it out. She then said, 'I can't believe you can bend like that!' I could feel something bad coming but felt obliged to ask anyway, 'What do you mean, why shouldn't I be able to bend like that?' She raised an eyebrow and replied, 'Because you're old!' To which I replied, 'DUDE I'M 34, I AM NOT OLD!'
I nearly forgot... The Boy 'lost' his first tooth over the weekend. It's the second tooth to leave his mouth, but the first one to come out naturally. The first one he knocked out last year when he tipped himself unceremoniously out of a toybox and face-first into a chair. Now he has a splendid gap in his mouth, as the second tooth was directly below the gap from the first one. The Man pointed out that he can now fit a drinking straw in through his teeth. So now we must do this at every meal, until we giggle ourselves senseless and snort milk from our wee nose. It makes family meals more interesting, no doubt.

3 comments:

Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom said...

Ha! Every time I think about your princess, I can't help but giggle about the infamous driveway incident. Tee-hee!

You've been tagged on my blog!

Tara

Shay said...

hahaaaa - maybe I should tell that story here. It isn't fair that the Boy gets all the attention for misbehavior around here!
Thanks for the tag, I'll go have a look!

Anonymous said...

"I get tired of things very quickly; not sure why? I like change I suppose.
Life is good but not very bloggy lately. And by bloggy I just mean that my kids haven't really done anything amusing or illegal for me to write about."



I have one thing to say... me, you, two peas, one pod!