Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Dark Side of Air Freshener

I follow a lot of pages on Facebook that feature deals and freebies. I'm forever signing up for a free sample of something or other, which is great for making me think that I somehow am generating income. (I got two packets of Truvia sweetener in the mail today, which has to be worth at least nine cents! Score!)

So I don't even remember requesting it, but somehow I got some free Glade samples last week. These weren't ordinary samples, however, but three full size bottles of air freshener and a motion sensor gadget with two refills. I was pretty stoked.

So I put the little canister thinger into the Sense & Spray thinger and put it in the bathroom. I walked out, I walked in, and a little puff of fragrance comes out. Lovely. This is an excellent product and I'm pleased. Fast forward a few hours, after A and I have watched Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows and then gone to bed. I get up to use the bathroom like the senior citizen I am, and I flip the switch as I'm going in. The light makes the sensor react before I'm even in the room, and it goes off. If you ever wanted to hear me shriek like a little girl, you missed your chance. Seriously, the little whirring mechanism was hardly noticeable during the day. But combine scary movie with unfamiliar creepy nighttime sound in an otherwise silent house and I'm coming out of my skin when I think something's growling at me.

At least my Clear Springs® scented bathroom smells awesome.

2 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Note to self: Do not buy this product. I scare VERY easily, scream like I'm on fire, and it drives Ted nuts!

ps Great score though!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo funny Shay! The same thing happened to me when we first got these. Nothing like peeing before you get to the potty!! :/ ;)
Liz