Wednesday, December 1, 2010

30 (Plus) Things

Here's another Facebook post for your enjoyment. I was tagged & asked to post 30 random facts about myself. I ended up with more than 30 once I read what some of my friends had posted.

1. My middle name is Lynn, which is the middle name of MANY girls born in the 70s. But my folks picked it not because it was popular, but because that is my aunt's name.

2. The second sentence of #1 is awkward and I want to rewrite it, but I'm really tired and am trying to be better about not obsessing about stuff like that.

3. I am a huge Garth Brooks fan, and have a portrait of him hanging in my office.

4. I have a holiday birthday, which led to me having weird hang-ups about birthday parties.

5. I am super OCD and organized about a lot of things, but am still unable to maintain a clean kitchen counter. It is the bane of my existence.

6. It's about my husband, not me, but I think it's pretty cool..... his date of birth was the same as his birth weight: 3-11, 3lbs. 11oz.

7. I love to hear my husband laugh. It makes my day.

8. I never imagined that I would have had the fertility issues that we had. They weren't as dire as some people, but it was a rough road. I always assumed I would have 4 kids, and it is strange that we barely made it to 3.

9. I am a middle child. My brother is 4 years older than me and my sister is 8 years younger.

10. Ruth said she has a strange passion for music, and I feel the same. I need music to process things emotionally. If I am having a good or bad day, I need corresponding music or I feel like it isn't real somehow.

11. I really hate it when they make animals talk in commercials. That stupid groundhog for the PA lottery disturbs me.

12. I love books & reading, but rarely make time to read these days. I have piles of books waiting to be read.

13. I would rather be hiking in the mountains more than any other activity.

14. I do not eat chocolate & mint together. It bothers me.

15. I could eat bagels & cream cheese for three meals a day. I have gone on a bagel run when the person assigned them didn't show up at MOPS.

16. I pace when I talk on the phone.

17. I'm lactose intolerant.

18. My parents were both schoolteachers, which is how they met. I attended the high school my father taught at, but was never his student.

19. Because we had our summers free, we would camp everywhere, sometimes for weeks or months at a time across the country. I have been to many National Parks and Landmarks including: the Grand Canyon (2x), Washington DC (2 or 3x), Craters of the Moon, Yellowstone, Blue Ridge Parkway, Carlsbad Caverns, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Mesa Verde, Four Corners, Acadia, and the list goes on & on.

20. I hate to wear dresses and avoid them as much as possible.

21. I'm a country girl at heart and have no idea how I ended up living in the suburbs. I dream of moving up county where we can have room around us, and TREES. We have one tiny tree on our property and it's just not enough. Being under the trees at our campground is BLISS.

22. My siblings and I all had a daughter first and a son second.

23. I'm mildly allergic to nickel and cannot wear cheap earrings. They have to be stainless steel or nickel-free.

24. I'm a church librarian.

25. I get allergy shots every week so my daughter can keep the cat that I hate.

26. When I got married I was so sure I was taking on an easier last name that people wouldn't screw up. LOL.

27. I have wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. Having kids seems to have put that on hold indefinately.

28. I saw the Passion of the Christ on Good Friday while it was still in theaters. It completely devastated me, and I have never watched it again. I am in awe of His sacrifice.

29. I cannot watch tv with nothing in my hands. I need my laptop or a magazine or knitting or something or I can't sit still to watch.

30. Like Aimee, I love photography. However, I know little about the tech side of it and only shoot in auto mode.
31. I rarely defend my faith, my sobriety, my love of country music, my blue hair or my (2x) vote for GWB. I am not cut out for apologetics, and I don't feel all that bothered anymore when someone disagrees with my views. I am who I am, and you are who you are. I would rather tell you about how awesome my Jesus is & how much He loves you, than argue with you about politics or theology.
32. Nova & I have plans to hike together in Heaven. :)
33. Chris & I have plans to picnic together in Heaven, and eat & drink all the bad things we're not supposed to have now.
34. I love pens. A lot. My daughter yells at me if I put them in the shopping cart, because she knows I already have too many.
35. Chrissy is the first friend I made online. :)
36. Chrissy & Aimee both lost their moms too soon. My heart is heavy for them. My mom has Parkinson's, and I know that I will lose her too soon too. I think it pretty much sucks for all 3 of us.
37. Phineas & Ferb can always cheer me up.
38. I would have a half sleeve tattoo if I didn't get dizzy & barfy when I get inked.

1 comment:

KateO said...

Cute post. Cracking up at the pen obsession. ANd dude, I love me some Phineus and Ferb...I'm going to take over the tri-state area!
love you!
--Dr. Doofensmertz