Monday, August 9, 2010

Girl's Weekend

The nonbloggingfriend and I met up in a town in West Virginia this past weekend. (not quite halfway between our hometowns) Finally meeting Kristin in person was everything I had hoped it would be. We talked constantly, ate a lot, and hiked a LOT. We went to Cooper's Rock State Forest and hiked 3 trails, 2 of which were the hardest ones. I have not had opportunity to truly hike like that in many years, and I had forgotten how much sheer joy it brings me. I really need to find a way to *ahem* lose my kids a bit more often so I can go. We covered about 8 miles on Saturday, and even woke up at 6am on Sunday to go exploring and do a bit more hiking. Which should tell you how much I wanted to keep hiking, because I really do not do mornings.














I took this pic of us on top of Raven Rock, which was a 4 mile round trip hike.

After about 7 years of being friends via internet & phone, it was a great blessing to hug one another, and pray face to face. Love you girl!

4 comments:

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

it's so awesome!!!

Nova Kristin said...

A fabulous weekend indeed. It was everything I hoped for and more. <3
Love you much darlin'

Nova Kristin said...

Hey can we bump this one back up to the top? I love coming here and seeing us together ;-)

Shay said...

Nah, it's not like a message board where you can bump things. But I do love seeing it too! :)