Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sober Celebrities

With all the negative publicity around celebrities and alcohol/drug addiction, I thought it would be nice to focus on some celebrities who are living proof that recovery is possible.

Ben Affleck - Sober going on ten years (August 2001)

Samuel L Jackson - Clean for 20 years

Paula Poundstone - Sober nearly 10 years.

Robert Downey, Jr. - Clean & sober for 6 years. "It's like I have a loaded gun in my mouth and my fingers on the trigger, and I like the taste of the gunmetal."





















(pic from http://celebs.icanhascheezburger.com)

Rob Lowe - Sober for 21 years

Robin Williams


Russell Brand - Sober since 2003. On pre-sobriety life: "When that's your daily life, it's miserable"

Steve O - Sober 3 years.  (friend and co-star of recently deceased Ryan Dunn, whose blood alcohol was twice the legal limit when he crashed his car)

No comments: