Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Old Table

A few years ago we were given this gorgeous table. We didn't have a place for it then, but I couldn't say no. It came from my great-Uncle Ord's house, and I'm hoping to find out soon if he just owned it, or made it himself. (I have some other furniture he made.) We finally got it out of the attic recently and put it in the breakfast room. It's old and worn and uneven and creaky and I LOVE it. We had a bench made for one side for the kids to sit on. I go and sit at this table every chance I have. There is something so country about it; it makes me feel like I'm back at my Uncle's farm. (Click the first picture to really get a feel for the magic of this table in full size.)

















1 comment:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Looks great! HAHA!!!! I just noticed the puppy in the other picture!!!