Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Rusty

I think my whole thing with wanting this blog is just that I want to write, I need to write, and I am so rusty it's pathetic. I always wanted to be a writer, and I know the Lord has given me some talent in this area. I just have allowed myself to hear the negative voice instead of the positive one, that tells me I am not good enough, I am not able, I will never be published... If I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and I really do believe that, then why do I make excuses for this? Why do I still assume that when my kids are all in school, that I'll go back to doing data entry for 11 bucks an hour, instead of writing? Why is it that when I think about going back to get my degree, I consider Biblical studies instead of writing? I really do feel passionately about Biblical study, and I do want to learn so much more of the Bible, but I know it's also a way to avoid writing, which is what I really want to do.

So for now I'll use the bloggity for whatever writing pops into my head, and have no excuses. No worries about what anyone will think when they read it, because for now no one will except for me and God. I'm sure I'll share it at some point, but at least for now I'm getting the ball rolling....

No comments: