Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Well, it isn't your birthday really, but since we don't have an exact date, 12/25 will do nicely. Today was a long and beautiful day, and I'm not sure why I'm still awake, other than trying to think of something bloggy. Lots of splenda gifts were exchanged today, including a coffee grinder to me from the hubs, bless him. I really want to try it out, and am refraining from grinding the only beans I have, which are pinto and would make terrible coffee. *note to self*- coffee bean shopping trip tomorrow!

My folks gave me an old copy of Little Women, a book I've been thinking would be nice for the Princess and I to read together. They also gave us a deep fryer. We'll be taking it out for it's maiden voyage for Little Christmas next month, when we make the whiting.

A beautiful day, all in all. Celebrating the birth of our Savior becomes more meaningful to me every year. I could barely contain my tears of joy at the 11pm service last night. The glowing candles, the thick greenery, the choir in their satiny robes, all of us singing of our joy for Him. How blessed we are.

No comments: