Monday, June 18, 2012

Road Trip

Last Friday I took a road trip to visit my sister, who lives eight hours away. I had originally planned to show up for Emily's birthday as a surprise with her best friend. However, after Emily asked me if I would come down for her 30th celebration, I felt I had to confess that I was already planning on doing so. So in my need to still surprise her somehow, I talked our big brother into coming with us, so he was the surprise. There was one big scream and then much crying once Emily came out of the house and saw Ted in the car.


We had a wonderful birthday celebration, and we all repeatedly said how nice it was to make a trip for a happy occasion, rather than the many sad ones we've done lately. We went out to dinner on Friday with all of her friends & co-workers.



On Saturday we went around town, doing some sight-seeing and eating lots of great local food. She took us to a lovely butterfly garden.

We went to church on Sunday, and did a lot of laying around and chatting all afternoon. We were sad to leave this morning but all so happy after sharing such a perfect weekend together.

Happy 30th birthday, my sweet sister. I love you!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Sounds like it was just what the doctor ordered for all of you! Ted had a really good time and I'm surprised he didn't steal away Nadia and Evan!

Beacon2Light said...

Glad you had a good time. How much time is burned up as we debate doing things like this. A happy occasion with lots of sweet memories is so worth it.