Saturday, June 26, 2010

My little klepto...

We went to a graduation party today for two of the Man's cousins - had a great time! Lots of really good fun and fun with his extended family. I also get a bonus anytime we are guests in someone else's home; the Boy takes things. A lot of things. He's gotten a lot better about it, and we worked with the psychologist on how to prep him before events, and check him before we leave, etc. Well I didn't check him before we left tonight, just forgot in the bustle of rounding them up to go. I just found his shorts on the floor of my bedroom (because that's the same thing as putting them INTO the laundry basket in my bedroom, right?). I picked them up to toss them in, and could hear noise coming from the heavy pockets.















Now, in his defense I will say that the party favors were 'ok' to take home. I just didn't expect him to take quite so much of it. There's a dozen silly bandz, along with the bubbles, and I can't count how many strings of beads because they're so tangled together. And really, who doesn't want to take home ten of those toothpicks with the pretty colors? The Man and I had a good laugh at the BULGING pockets before I emptied them. And really, we were just relieved that there was nothing that we have to return, which is his usual M.O.

blog button

2 comments:

Shay said...

haha, I think I meant lots of good FOOD and fun, not good fun and fun. Although maybe I did mean to write it that way, in hopes of being clever. Who knows.

Julie said...

lol @ your comment!

Why is it that kids thinks things like the toothpicks are like a bonus prize or something? My son also likes to bring home the clips from the tops of hangers..you know the ones that say the size of the clothes. I cannot figure it out...