Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sanctity of Life Sunday

SanctityBanner.jpg picture by Shay7474
Today would have been my 8th Remembrance Service at my previous church. As I've said in a previous post, I had a hard time letting go of doing this, even as I knew that my heart needed to move on. I spoke with my mother earlier this evening (who still attends that church), and she told me about the wonderful message that was delivered today, and how Sanctity of Life Sunday was recognized there. My heart is full, knowing that the service has continued on, and that my former pastor feels passionately about it. They didn't do a candle-lighting, which I do hope that they bring back someday. But I'm just glad that the Day was recognized, and that losing my Lily has changed that church forever.
My new church is currently holding a fund-raiser for a local crisis pregnancy center. They support Choice One on a regular basis, and right now are collecting spare change in baby bottles. I'm really glad to be able to help in this way, to give support, and not have to lead anything this year. I have such peace today with where He has led me.

*note: Sanctity of Human Life Sunday is traditionally marked on the 3rd Sunday of January. Because of scheduling issues in the past, we usually held our event on the last Sunday of the month instead.*

Photobucket

1 comment:

KateO said...

That's so great that they continued the service!