Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pinterest

I'm currently obsessed with Pinterest. I blame Janet. Here is my profile link if you want to see what I've been pinning....

http://pinterest.com/shayprendy/

Think about having a bulletin board where you tack up all the stuff you like. But multiply it by OCD and the internet, and you have Pinterest. Any time I find something I like online, I have a button on my browser to pin it. You can have a bunch of categories, such as funny stuff, foods I want to make, decorating ideas.

Here's something I pinned today. (click the picture for the recipe)

It's now saved on my Om Nom Nom board. If Janet, who I still blame, sees that I pinned this and likes it, she can repin it to one of her own boards, or just comment on it about how brilliant I am. So there's a bit of community fun built right in.

Some of my boards are very functional, such as the food one where I have pinned a ton of tasty looking Weight Watchers recipes. Other boards are just for fun, like the Mischief Managed board where I pinned a bunch of Harry Potter stuff that amuses me.
Enjoy, and happy pinning!

4 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad you're back, even though you used my name in vain :) I would apologize for introducing you to pinterest, but it's too fun!! And that rainbow in a mason jar is fab! I'm thinking of making a whole new board..."mason jar fun"...

Theresa said...

OK. I am going to hop over there and check this out again. I didn't quite understand it the first time I visited from your blog.

KateO said...

ok so what is in that mason jar?
looks kinda scary but maybe tasty?

Shay said...

rainbow cake!