Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Operation Christmas Child



It's that most wonderful time of the year folks! Time to pack shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. Last year 8 million children received a shoe box filled with gifts and hygiene items, along with the message of the love of Jesus.  I ♥ this organization! Please consider making up a box to send, donating your time at your local collection center or even donate online.  We have so much and it is so easy to give.
I usually pick up a sturdy, clear plastic shoe box at the dollar store at the end of the summer and start filling it as I buy back to school supplies for my kids. My kids enjoy filling it with me, and we're signed up for a time slot at our church to help pack the boxes into shipping boxes that will go onto the tractor trailers. It's a blessing to be able to bless others, and to teach this to my kids is huge in my book.

1 comment:

Julie said...

We make them every year as well. We usually make one per child and each chooses whether to do a boy or girl, and the age range we're aiming at. It's such a great way to share the love of Christ with those less fortunate, and teach so much to our kids.