Saturday, October 30, 2010

Giving Technology A Rest

Last May on the National Day of Prayer, I took the day off from the internet. I wanted to be able to focus on my prayer time with God, and not be distracted.  It was an amazing day, and God really spoke to me. I've been thinking recently about making this a regular part of my life. I'm not sure how often, maybe monthly? I happened to be reading Technology: Do You Give It a Rest?  It made me think about the need to take a 'sabbath' from technology, and give my spirit time to be refreshed and in tune with Him. I really do heart the internet a lot, so it's unnatural for me to be away from it. Somehow though, whenever we are at the campground, I don't miss it a bit. I hike and I visit with friends and I read, oh I so love to read.  I just don't make time for it like I should and I don't know why.
I'm pondering doing this on a Thursday, since that's when I go to Bible study.  I spend time in prayer with the ladies from my table, and it's a nice way to start the day. I'll update about this in a week or so. :)

2 comments:

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

it's a great idea. I think we all should have that Sabbath from technology.... it certainly has it's pull.

Julie said...

That's a great idea! I do spend way too much time on here:(