Friday, September 18, 2009

Recovery Walks!


Last weekend I was blessed to participate in Recovery Walks!, which honors organizations providing prevention, treatment and recovery support services; shows support for individuals in need of treatment and their families, and celebrates those in recovery.

I walked with a group from Livengrin, and there were so many other groups represented, such as Addictions Victorious, NET, and Libertae.
I could not have been more proud to walk with my sponsor, and the atmosphere was just incredible. The joy of long term recovery; it's hard to understand it if you don't live it, but it's amazing. I loved walking with all of these other men and women who are either in recovery, or have a loved one that they support in recovery. It felt like one big family reunion.

blog button

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Shay!
Julie

KateO said...

That's awesome. I didn't even know you went to this...
I'm thankful for you for your long term recovery! Praise God!
Luv u girl!
Kate