Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lancaster County

I was reading Amy's blog today and trying not to be insanely jealous that she is in MY Lancaster County right now. I simply cannot wait for camping season to begin. We spend oodles of family time together when we camp, and there are so many things that I love out there. First off I get to devote time to hiking, which I need to do. I love it in an indescribable way. I love that quiet time under the trees, with only the noise of nature to accompany me. My folks took us camping a ton when we were kids, and I think I just grew up needing that woodsy air to sustain me.

Out of the woods and into civilization, there are so many lovely places to visit near the campground. We usually make several trips to the outlets while we're out there. But beyond the joy of finding great sales on kids clothing, I really like spending time puttering about in the mom & pop type stores, the kind where there's random things piled everywhere. I love all those little dusty shops, full of marvelous junk that I don't really need. I like old antiquey stuff that I can hang in my kitchen, the kind of stuff that makes it seem like I don't really live in the burbs, but actually out in the country where I belong. My Hoosier cabinet falls into that category. And I just looked at the clock and realized I better hit send ready or not, cause it's time to pick the kids up from school!

No comments: